Programme Day One
08:00 - 09:00
Registration & Welcome Refreshments
11:30 - 12:45
Session 2 – Panel Discussion: Global Gas Supply/Demand and is China Really the Next Big Thing?
Mabel LeungPresident – China Gas MarketingExxonMobil Gas & Power Marketing
- What is the global natural gas supply and demand outlook?
- Will global LNG supply be long for longer? When is new LNG supply going to be needed?
- Where is new demand coming from?
- Why is China so important to global gas supply / demand growth?
- What are the base / low high forecasts for LNG demand to 2025? - What drives the range of outcomes and what do new LNG suppliers need to be aware of?
- What are the main challenges for China in importing LNG?
- Minimising risks in the current volatile global LNG market
- How much of the LNG demand is contracted, how much uncontracted? Short-term problems of oversupply
14:00 - 15:30
Session 3 – LNG Imports & Third-Party Access to Receiving Terminals & Pipelines
Yuan ShuangjieBusiness DirectorChina Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd.
LNG Receiving Terminals
- Latest developments on third-party terminal access – where are the opportunities?
- What are the expected timelines and requirements for terminal access?
- Reloads from terminals – storage, reloads and bunkers
- Where are the new initiatives developing and how quickly will they grow?
- Will the latest regulations on pipelines open up access to private companies and provincial players?
- How will the latest policy reform impact local companies’ access to the state-owned pipeline facilities?
- Provincial gas distribution – how is peak demand balanced?
- Will we see an increase in LNG transportation by container?
- How can LNG infrastructure complement pipeline networks?
- What is the new scope for storage development in china and what are the options for incentivising companies to develop new storage capacity?
- Could 3rd party access underground gas storage facilities?
- What are the new technologies and equipment needed?
16:00 - 17:30
Session 4 – Asia Pacific LNG Leaders’ Panel: What is Demand Outlook in the Region?
Yokoi KazuhiroSenior Vice President Fuel Transactions Group, JERA Co. Inc.
- Coal to gas switching: what are the main challenges for power companies when substituting to LNG?
- What will Japan’s deregulated gas and power markets mean for LNG demand?
- Is there scope to grow LNG demand in China significantly?
- How can India’s latent LNG demand be unleashed?
- Can Asian utilities be confident of securing supply on the spot market to run their businesses?
- Is price index uncertainty preventing Asian buyers from committing to long-term contracts?
- Are European and Asian markets becoming more linked – and so more converged on price?
- Identifying new and potential Chinese LNG buyers: Who are they? What are their plans and needs?
18:30 - 21:30
China LNG International Summit Gala Dinner