Programme Day Two
11:00 - 12:30
Session 6 – Exploring LNG Shipping & New Technologies: How is Technological Innovation Enabling Growth?
Hu WeipingFormer Director GeneralNational Energy Administration
Huang YonggangGeneral ManagerLNG & Offshore Engineering Company, China Huanqiu Contracting & Engineering Corporation
Steve WinkatesDirector of Program Management, East AsiaU. S Trade and Development Agency
Lou DanpingDeputy Chief Technical OfficerHudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
- What does the future hold for LNG carriers?
- Will we see more upsizing and fuel efficiency improvements?
- Is there sufficient capacity for Chinese yards to meet Chinese demand for newbuildings?
- How will the FSU/FSRUs models further develop and grow?
- Small and mid-scale regas – are FSU/FSRUs the key to solving the issues?
13:45 - 15:15
Session 7 – Building New Demand Through Small-Scale LNG & Bunkering
- What are the main challenges and barriers?
- What can the industry do to guarantee an efficient and quick growth for small-scale?
- How can we make small-scale LNG economical?
- What infrastructure is available for small scale use? What is needed?
- What is the potential to grow demand through new applications?
- How is government supporting growth in these areas from a regulatory perspective?
- Latest developments in LNG marine bunkering in China
- How quickly will LNG bunkering take off in China?
- Are there ideas to be taken from Europe to fast track the LNG bunker business?
- How is infrastructure enabling operators to make the switch to gas fuelling?
- How can LNG position itself as a fuel of choice for fleet operators against traditional fuels?
- Gas-fuelled inland vessels: Analysing current scale and future potential of transportation via river barges
- Are more stringent marine emissions targets on the horizon?
15:45 - 17:00
Session 8 – Commercial Innovations in LNG Contracts, Trading & Pricing – What’s New?
Ye YishuPresidentCNOOC Gas and Power Trading & Marketing Ltd
- Which new pricing indices are likely to develop?
- LNG hub developments in Asia – how far have we progressed?
- LNG shipping developments in parallel to enable the spot market to grow
- How can credit issues be managed to facilitate and stimulate more demand growth?
- As long-term contracts expire, what level of LNG supply will be bought long-term vs spot/short-term over the 5-10 years?
- Are European and Asian markets becoming more linked and so more converged on price?
- How will price risk be managed effectively?
- Can China become the Asian LNG Hub? And how quickly could this happen?
Close of China LNG & Gas International Summit 2017